Welcome to Turning Point Money! This site is about everything personal finance. From saving to investing and financial independence.
I am in my mid 30’s and married with two small children. I started this blog in June 2017 after giving my two week notice at work. Previously, I spent over 15 years working in IT. I obtained an MBA in Finance early on in my career. The bulk of my career was spent designing back end financial systems for very large corporations. My focus has been in designing processes for corporate finance and accounting users.
My wife and I worked very hard over the years. Both of us found tremendous success in our careers. Like many two income families, there came turning point when we found our definition of enough and wanted to prioritize family.
The purpose of this blog is to share my early retirement journey by discussing career, finances, investing and other hobbies. I love cooking, brewing beer and fitness in addition to being an investor.
We are at a Turning Point with our money and life. A couple things you should know:
- I resigned from my job
- We will still save almost 60% of our income
- Our net worth has been compounding at high levels for over a decade.
- We are actively lowering our lifestyle inflation through the Expense Reduction Project (ERP)
- Document concepts, successes and failures of my DIY investing
- Help people on their path to financial freedom, by documenting saving strategies and improved earnings
- Continue life long learning and keep myself publicly accountable
- Learn a new skill. I have no experience with blogging or web development. Please bare with me.